Butterflies and Moths: Useful Links
- Butterfly Conservation's Moths Count Project : Moths Count aims to encourage interest in moths throughout the UK and to establish an ongoing National Moth Recording Scheme to improve knowledge and conservation of the 900+ species of larger moths. National distribution maps can be viewed on their website
- UK Moths : An indispensable site illustrating most of the UK's moth species.
- British Leaf-miners : ongoing project to illustrate the UK's leaf-mining fauna.
- Genitalia dissection group : a great development to make available photos of the genitalia of all the moths. </li>
Priority Species Factsheets
Butterfly Conservation have produced a excellent series of factsheets containing essential information to enable the practical conservation of the butterflies and moths listed as Priority Species in the UK Biodiversity Action Plan, covering those species that breed partly or wholly on agricultural land. They are available as downloads by clicking on the relevant species name in the list.
- Anglian Lepidopterist Supplies : a leading supplier of light traps, pheromone lures, collecting equipment.
- Watkins and Doncaster : long-established supplier of entomological and other equipment.
Adjoining Moth Groups
- Cheshire Moth Group
- Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Entomological Society
- West Midlands Moth Study Group : Part of the West Midlands Branch of Butterfly Conservation and incorporating Worcestershire and Herefordshire Moth Groups.
- Kinver Edge Moths
- Montgomeryshire Moth Group
- Mapmate : Leading recording software, used by many County Recorders.
- DMAP : Distribution mapping software.
Journals and Societies
- Atropos Books
- British Entomological and Natural History Society (BENHS)
- Amateur Entomologists Society (AES)
- Staffordshire Wildlife Trust
- Staffordshire Ecological Record
- Staffordshire Invertebrate Group
Other Natural History Related Groups in our area
- West Midland Bird Club - serving Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire & West Midlands.]
- Butterfly Conservation - the leading organisation for the conservation of all lepidoptera.
Printing of this publication for educational purposes is permitted, provided that copies are not made or distributed for commercial gain, and the title of the publication and its date appear. To copy otherwise, or to republish, requires specific permission from the Author or Staffordshire Ecological Record.
|Created by SER © 2017||The Wolseley Centre, Wolseley Bridge, Stafford. ST17 0WT||Last updated 10/04/2015|
|Operated by: Staffordshire Wildlife Trust, Staffordshire County Council and Stoke-on-Trent City Council|