Dragonflies: Further Reading
In recent years, a number of very good books have been produced on dragonflies, particularly identification.
- Corbet, PS Longfield, C & Moore, NW (1960) Dragonflies; New Naturalist Series, Collins
- Not an identification guide, but a detailed discussion of the habit and life cycles of dragonflies.
- Hammond, CO (1983) The Dragonflies of Great Britain and Ireland (2nd Ed.) Harley Books
- This is an updated edition of the definitive guide to British dragonflies, beautifully illustrated throughout with paintings and including detailed keys for identification.
- McGeeney, A (1986) A Complete Guide to British Dragonflies Jonathan Cape
- A book fully illustrated with photographs and including keys to the identification of adults and nymphs.
- Miller, PL (1995) Dragonflies; Naturalists' Handbook Series, Richmond Publishing
- A small easily used fieldguide, illustrated with paintings.
Printing of this publication for educational purposes is permitted, provided that copies are not made or distributed for commercial gain, and the title of the publication and its date appear. To copy otherwise, or to republish, requires specific permission from the Author or Staffordshire Ecological Record.
|Created by SER © 2019||The Wolseley Centre, Wolseley Bridge, Stafford. ST17 0WT||Last updated 26/05/2015|
|Operated by: Staffordshire Wildlife Trust, Staffordshire County Council and Stoke-on-Trent City Council|