The Flora of Staffordshire: Introduction
Preface to the Online version
This online Atlas should not be seen as a replacement for the hardcopy version published in 2011, which contains much more information about the flora and habitats in Staffordshire.
The data used to create this altas also differs from the hardcopy version in the following ways:
- All valid sightings are included on the maps, whereas in the hardcopy, any record where there was ambiguity regarding its tetrad were omitted - this does mean that potentially more dots are included, but a small minority may be assigned to the adjacent tetrad.
- Historical records, including those for the 1972 Edees Flora are included on the maps, not just those collected during the Flora project 1995-2011.
- Records received since the publication of the Flora in 2011 are included on the maps.
Initially, the amount of information on each species page is limited to just the last seen date, it is intended that additional information will be added in due course.
Edees Flora Maps
The following atlas includes data from the original maps created by Eric Edees for the Flora of Staffordshire. SER is very grateful to the Potteries Museum and Art Gallery for the loan of Edees' original maps and to staff of Staffordshire Wildlife Trust for converting the paper data to digital to enable the production of the maps.
Craig Slawson Series Editor
- Hawksford, J.E., Hopkins, I.J., Cadman, D., Hill, R.N., Lawley, S.D., Leak, A., Radford, E., Reynold, J.R., Steward, D.I. & Waller, R. (2011) The Flora of Staffordshire Staffordshire Wildlife Trust, Wolseley Bridge, Stafford ISBN 978-0-9549385-2-9
- Edees, E.S. (1972) Flora of Staffordshire David & Charles, Newton Abbot, Devon
Printing of this publication for educational purposes is permitted, provided that copies are not made or distributed for commercial gain, and the title of the publication and its date appear. To copy otherwise, or to republish, requires specific permission from the Author or Staffordshire Ecological Record.
|Created by SER © 2019||The Wolseley Centre, Wolseley Bridge, Stafford. ST17 0WT||Last updated 9/04/2015|
|Operated by: Staffordshire Wildlife Trust, Staffordshire County Council and Stoke-on-Trent City Council|